Blogs I Follow

Toni's blog
Sarahs blog
Averys blog

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Winding down- Post 7

Hey team,
As I near my speech and live card trick (only three days away!!!!) I can't help but be more nervous and excited at the same time. I know I've worked so hard over the past few weeks and truly believe I've become greater at card tricks. I think the main thing besides actually seeing my card tricks is tracking the progress of the rate at which I've learned them. Before it would take me about 4-5 times of watching the YouTube video and then a bunch of other times to get it down without watching it. Now I can watch the video 1-2 times at most and be able to do it on my own in the first 1-2 tries. I find that truly fascinating as I never thought even though I would be spending so much time on something, I would still have such a drastic improvement. As I have learned my last few tricks there was a very cool one where I make it seem like I am reading 5 minds at once. Not only is it a great trick but it gets many involved.

I thought that not only to show how far I've come with card tricks by showing them but by teaching one. I did this trick many times in class and I had great reactions so I decided to teach it.
So without further adieu here it is,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q384EtsRLjg&feature=youtu.be

Also, I never realized how much I would love card tricks. They are so much more fun then I would have ever thought and I am so happy that I chose them. Not only have they brightened my homework load but they cheer me up whenever I do them. Whenever I'm sitting in my room watching Netflix or reading an article I find myself always shuffling the cards, ready to perform a new card-trick. And then when I go onto YouTube I find myself unable to click on the card-trick video. I truly have grown to love them even more. It has been a great ride so far. So excited for the Ted Talk!!!!

Dave Potter

4 comments:

  1. David your TED Talk was awesome! I loved the card trick that you chose, and as always it astounds me how cool the tricks you learned are. I'm glad that you were excited for your TED Talk, and it showed when you were actually presenting. Do you think you'll be continuing with learning card tricks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. David,
    I was actually really impressed that you memorized your script and was able to go first on the first day. I'm quite jealous of how good you are at card tricks, but I was happy to be able to be a part of the trick you did during your presentation, even though I had already seen it. Keep putting work in and become a cool magician not the lame ones at birthday parties. Have fun at Hogwarts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the energy. It must be funny to see all of your recommended videos as card trick tutorials. Im sure for this project you will master it like you did the others. I am looking forward to the craziness

    ReplyDelete
  4. David, it's great that you were able to pick up on tricks quicker and quicker throughout the project. By the way, I love the videos you keep posting. I wish I was able to watch your TED Talk, mostly because you're final product must've been cool,, and also I feel like I'm the only person who HASN'T seen any of your tricks yet, be it in I/E, study hall, or whatever. You've done a good job on keeping your readers updated and you do a nice job of displaying your progress. Good work.

    ReplyDelete