Blogs I Follow

Toni's blog
Sarahs blog
Averys blog

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Final Reflection Post 8

Wow Followers!

What a journey it has been! I have enjoyed my time immensely during the past few weeks. Doing card tricks has been an amazing experience and I plan to continue to learn some here and there but not on as steady and speedy of a pace. Card trick have truly brightened my days and nights and I can't thank myself for the decision I made enough.

The final presentation went very well. I was nervous to go first but the trick I performed worked and was a huge hit. The practice paid off and that is a huge win. Also the speech went well and I felt that my point was made about the importance of being relaxed but also being a little kid sometimes.

The genius hour has been a great opportunity to do become passionate and experienced with something completely out of the ordinary. It has branched my knowledge of many things including how these card tricks work and even how the brain works.

To anyone out there who has a passion: take time out of your day to practice or do that passion. I never realized how fun and worthwhile doing what you love can be. I never thought I had a love or a skill for card tricks but they intrigued me and I ended up improving so much.

Also, the expression practice makes perfect really does settle in with me. I have practiced and spent a lot of time on card tricks and I have gotten better quickly all due to this practice.

Most of all, if you love something do it as much as you can, it is worth the time out of your day. Doing what you love is so important and can bring your overall happiness up.

This experience has been amazing and I've loved every second of it. Thanks for following along!

Dave Potter

5 comments:

  1. Your TED Talk was really good. It had the right amount of humor but seriousness, so that it was really effective. I'm so glad that this project was a success, and good luck with card tricks in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dave Potter!! I am so glad that you enjoyed this project. Even though I only saw a couple of the tricks you did, they were really good and I'm glad that you chose to do this. I think it's interesting that you decided to do something that you had an interest in from a young age, and I am glad that you achieved your goal. Good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought your TED Talk was very engaging and it was really impressive when you had the confidence to call kids on stage and perform a trick in front of everyone. It looks like you definitely achieved your goal and this project was certainly a success

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed this project so much. After watching you the past couple weeks I can tell you enjoyed it as much as you did. You really showed what this project is all about. You learned something new and had come fun along the way. It is sad to see it come to an end

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Dave,
    I must say I thought you were crazy for wanting to go first for a big project like this, but you did pull it off. Good job! The trick really was a hit in the audience. Once you did it, there was all this chatter in the audience as everyone stared at you in awe of what you just acomplished. Your motivation and purpose was something that we all could relate to, which made your presentation even better. Good work outta you, kid!

    ReplyDelete